Topeka Lawn Care Services
Topeka Lawn Care Mowing Tips
Take a look below to see some of the top tips from our pro's. These mowing tips will help keep your lawn healthy and beautiful throughout the growing season in the Topeka surrounding area.
- Don't let your grass get too tall! Schedule your mowing so that you are never removing more than 1/3 of the total length of the grass blade. Cutting more than this tends to stress the grass which inhibits growth and disease resistance.
- To avoid weed infestation keep your grass 2 to 4 inches high. Low cut grass makes your lawn more susceptible to weeds, drought and heat damage. In shady areas allow the grass to grow taller to provide more surface area for photosynthesis and water absorption
- Keep a sharp edge on your mower blades. A dull blades rips and tears the grass which allows for pests and disease to enter the grass. A dull blade will also create a brown or dull hue to your yard as the edges of the blades die back.
- Mow during the evening or when the yard is shaded. Mowing will produce stress on the grass plants and the reduced heat will allow for a quicker recovery and greater water retention.
- Don't always bag those clippings. The grass clippings can provide as much as 25% of the needed fertilizer for your yard. A mulching mower will decrease the time for these clippings to decompose and provide nutrients back into the yard.
- Change your mowing direction each time you mow. This avoids compacting the soil and creating ruts. Also the change in pattern can add to the curb appeal of your home.
TopCity Lawn Care provides mowing services in the Topeka surrounding area including:
- Lawrence KS
- Lyndon KS
- Silver Lake KS
- Rossville KS
- Auburn KS
- Holton KS
- Perry KS
- Carbondale KS
For More Lawn Care tips check out our Facebook Page